And here goes the bugfix release. This should fix various problems with large images.
Archive for the ‘PlaxoSync’ Category
And again: I pushed the sources of the Plaxo Sync adapter to github https://github.com/weisserd/Plaxo-Sync. Feel free to fork!
And a bugfix release:
- Bugfix for concurrently running sync adapters
- Bugfix for a possible NullPointer
After the first 60 days of my app development finger exercise, here’s a short summary of my impressions:
- Developing for Android is pretty easy if you know Java. It’s not only the familiarity with the language but also the availability of high-quality development tools (Eclipse as an IDE, APK as a zip-based container, good documentation, a great emulator)
- The Android market is not really stable. I got a lot of feedback concerning issues with the download of apps from the market.
- The best motivation for the development is the feedback from all over the world. And it’s not only the comments in the market but also direct mails, issues on github and the fact that there is a first fork of the LDAP Sync adapter on github.
And finally the most impressive thing is that the XING Sync adapter is listed as one of the top paid applications in the Android market now (Category: Social).
I’m very grateful to Roger who helped me to track down a couple of issues with the adapter:
- Removed size limit for fetched number of contacts
- Fixed a problem with importing a large number of contacts
- Improved the parsing of address data. This fixes the behavior that not all contact data was visible.
The next release of the Plaxo Sync adapter. The changes can be seen below:
- Added synchronization of addresses
- Enable the sync automatically for newly added accounts
The first release of the Plaxo Sync has been pushed to the market:
- Initial release (Supports syncing name, e-mails, URLs, phone numbers and picture)
And another Sync adapter someone requested. It’s a first test with Plaxo. It builds on the same foundation as the XING and LDAP adapter. Currently only name fields, home and work mail and the picture is supported.
You can take the APK from http://www.danielweisser.de/PlaxoSync_0.1beta.apk. If it works for you I’ll put it up on the market as well after adding some more fields.