Daniel and I neglected our blog the last two weeks! What a shame! I try to sum up all important things that happened here:
First of all we had to unpack everything and get organised. By the way our parcel arrived savely and nothing is broken or missing! Daniel has now his ‘office’ in a newly renovated room downstairs in my parents house and tries to finish his thesis. I myself notified the ‘Agentur für Arbeit’ that I am unemployed at the moment and so far it looks like they are paying me some money until I find a job – fingers crossed.
The first weekend in Germany we spend at my parents house in Eningen. My sister, her boyfriend, Daniel’s father and his partner came for a big BBQ. It was great to see them all again. There was so much to talk about and almost no time to show some pictures.
Last weekend we drove to Freiburg to visit Daniels brother (Andreas) and to see some other friends. Daniel had the chance to play beach volleyball again – after one year. He was very bad at the beginning but his performance improved after a while and he is still faster than Andreas . On Sunday we visited Lena (Andrea’s girlfriend) in Kehl and went to a beautiful lake to enjoy the hot summer weather. Later that day we visited Daniels grandparents and his mother and enjoyed delicious selfmade cakes.
Here are some more thoughts about our first weeks in Germany:
- It is warm and hot since we arrived.
- We enjoy watching the Tour the France during daytime.
- We enjoy German saussages and other good food.
- We started going jogging regularly.
- It is fun going shopping and seeing all products again we used to buy.
- Daniel operated the windscreen wiper instead of the indications lights, too.
- The bread from the German bakery is as good as the bread you can buy in Germany.
- Having more room to live is great.
- I miss the big Railway Campus kitchen and watching other people cook.
- We miss New Zealand!
This is enough for today, but before I stop, I’ll give you our temporary address and telephone number – just in case. I will post a picture of the place where we are staying as soon as possible (Please have a look at the car on the left – it is mine!). So you can find the place if you are around! Come and visit us whenever you like!
Birgit Kaschte und Daniel Weisser
+49 (7121) 880715