It is a long time since our last blog entry. So at first we wish you of course good luck and all the best for 2007. I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing Christmas and a big party for celebrating the New Year.
Daniel and I spend the evening of the 24th of December (main Christmas celebration) each with our families. On the 25th Daniel came to my family where we spend some relaxing days. Between Christmas and New Year, we went shopping, we got information about different cars (we want to get rid of my old one), Daniel went on a birthday party and I visited former colleagues at the Lake of Constance (great evening!).
Before we drove to Freiburg to celebrate New Year, Daniel and I spend one day cleaning and inserting everything in our new kitchen cabinets. Well, you read it correctly! They delivered and built up our new kitchen before Christmas. So by now we are really prepared for many guest and we no longer have to wash the dishes by hand.
As mentioned above we celebrated New Year with Daniels brother Andreas, his girlfriend Lena, my sister Karen and her boyfriend Dieter in Freiburg. We had a lot of great food, we played funny games and watched the great firework above Freiburg at midnight. On the 1st of January we did nothing much. It was just a relaxing day.
Now we are already two weeks into the new year. What happened so far?
- we bought a new TV
- we had a very relaxing and lazy weekend = long-term test for the new TV
- we enjoyed the advantages of having a ‘real’ kitchen
- the builder of the house our flat is in, found out that it is too loud
- we have no real winter here
- last weekend we celebrated Andreas and Lenas birthday (great party!)
- we still have no internet and telephone (KabelBW didn’t manage it and so we ordered it at Arcor but so far they didn’t manage to send the technician at the agreed date – we almost lost hope)